1. Informed him that he was powerless over alcohol and his life had been
unmanageable without me.
2. Came to believe that I could restore him to sobriety.
3. Made the decision for him to turn his will and his life over to my
care because I understood him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of him.
5. Told him the exact nature of his wrongs.
6. Was entirely ready to remove his defects of character.
7. Expected him to be humble when I removed his shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons he had harmed and told him to make amends
to them all.
9. Expected him to make amends to me first.
10. Continued to take his inventory and when he was wrong, promptly told
him about it.
11. Suggested he improve his communication with me so as to know my will
and carry it out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of this makeover, I
persisted with my messages and practiced these principles in all his affairs.