By what rights can we do this? In James 5:14 he wrote, "Is anyone
among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church and let them
pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord." In 1 Peter
2:9, he wrote, "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful
light." Jesus in Matthew 16:19 said, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will
be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
These elements have been used by themselves to cast out demons -- which Satan would never do.
You must know the spiritual credibility of whoever makes this for you or
these items could be turned toward evil ends instead.
How to bless oil (or water or salt or sand):
- Clean yourself up of any potential demons.
- Stick your finger in it or hold your hand over
it or hold your hand on the container. Proximity is what matters.
- Pray to God Almighty:
- Ask God to bless the oil with His healing and blessing for others
- Ask God to banish any evil influences on whoever or whatever comes in contact with it.
- Ask Jesus to speak truth to whoever comes in contact with it to clean up their spirit, soul and body.
- Ask God to draw the owner to forgiveness and fear of the Lord.
How to use these things:
- The oil, etc. holds the divine blessing that you and whoever else prayed for the
oil prayed for it.
- People usually like it put on their forehead
like ashes at Lent. Put some on your thumb and smear it on their forehead.
They prefer the personal touch. Say some phrase like, In the name of the
Father, Son and Holy Ghost....
- Ask if it is okay if you put your hand on their shoulder or affected part.
This is important.
- When anointing someone and praying for their ministry, smear an X in both their hands,
hold them together and pray for them.
- Smear some on your own hand and lay your hand
on the affected part and pray. If its a breast, have her put her hand on her
breast and place your hand on her hand no overlap. If it's hemorrhoids
... lay a hand on their shoulder! Another way to deal with
it is to hold hands in the hand shake position while praying.
- For a room or a house, smear a small amount at
the top and sides of the windows and doors. Salt or sand is lightly
sprinkled around the property or rooms. Water is sprinkled everywhere.
Salt melts in rain and flows away; sand stays put.
- If it's a pet, let them lick the oil off your
thumb and pray for them.
- The oil, water and salt are still food and can be used as such with a spiritual quality.
Tim Temple, Abbot of OSP
latest update: 19 Apr 2017