Rev. Wayne Upton uses a form of divine guidance that any Christian can safely
use -- even a Southern Baptist, which he is. It is based upon Col. 3:15,
"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."
- Clear the decks from any counterfeits. "I command any unclean
spirits from me, my property and my environment."
- Clear the decks from my interference. "I renounce my own
self-will. Compared to you, I am ignorant and unintelligent."
- Come up with a binary question. One that can be answered by a 'yes'
or 'no'. Watch out for third alternatives such as 'later' or 'for your
good I won't answer that right now.' This may take a couple of
questions to get the yes/no answer.
- Hold out both palms.
- Ask our Heavenly Father the question with one hand being 'no' and the
other hand being 'yes.'
- Whichever hand has the Peace of God upon it, go with that peace.